Get involved in the most INSANELY FUN & COLLABORATIVE contest to hit any conference! ClickCon presents FACE-OFF! A contest for the attendees voted on by the attendees! Join ClickCon Creatives on Facebook, find your team and start your planning. This is a contest you won’t want to miss! COLLABORATE….CREATE…FACE-OFF!
- Form your team: You will be allowed to select up to 3 photographers, 1 ClickCon Hair Artist (optional), 1 ClickCon Makeup Artist (optional), 1-2 models, and a mentor (optional). Teams of 4-9.
- You may only be a part of ONE team unless you are a HMUA member or mentor. HMUA or mentor will have to pay a separate entrance fee of $20 for every team they participate on.
- ClickCon Director’s may mentor teams as a whole but not participate on a team.
- Sherry Hagerman will NOT be participating in this contest.
- Team shall stay together throughout the duration of shoot.
- All fees are non refundable. If you need to replace a team-member a new fee will have to be added for the addition of a new member.
- All team members must be attending ClickCon as an attendee, speaker, artist, vendor, volunteer/heart member, ambassador or model. No outside help is allowed.
- Outside team members will result in full team disqualification.
- Each team member will have a $20 participation fee. This is less expensive than submitting an image for an image competition at other conferences.
- Mentors: A mentor is a guide and influencer for a team. A mentor may be a speaker, vendor or influence such as another photographer or friend. The mentor HAS to be a participating ClickCon conference member. The mentor will only be allowed to give advice and guide you through the entire process. They will not be able to touch any equipment, edit or print. They are a verbal tool only. The mentor can be present during pre-conference planning and all on location work.
- Mentors are not allowed to make physical contact with any team members or models (e.g. They cannot physically pose a model or physically hold a light etc.).
- If a mentor touches any equipment, edits, or printing, you and your team can be disqualified. (Disqualification will be up to the Directors of ClickCon)
- Mentors are allowed to be on more than one team, however will have to pay a separate $20 entrance fee for each team they are on.
- Select one of your team members to be your team captain.
- Team captains cannot be mentors and MUST be one of the CURRENT members on your team.
- Team captains are responsible for filling out the team registration form.
- Team captains are responsible for submitting the final image for the competition.
- Team Captains are the sole person for relaying any questions, concerns or communications between ClickCon and their team.
- You may form your groups by doing a call out on our Facebook Page: ClickCon Creatives. This is currently where all of our makeup, hair artists, designers and attendees collaborate for anything ClickCon.
- Be mindful of how many posts you make.
- Be kind and courteous to others. If a team is full, move on and make some new friends!
- If you cannot find a team you may reach out to [email protected] with a header of “need Face Off team”. We will place you in a group if one is available.
- After you have solidified your team, please fill out the form located at www.clickcon.us/get-involved/
- After ClickCon receives your application and approves it, you will receive an agreement for your team captain to sign following all the rules stated here.
- Once the registration application has been approved each team member will receive an invoice for your participation fee of $20. You will be notified no later than 7 days after your application has been submitted.
- LIMITED ENTRIES
- TEAM REGISTRATION CLOSES ON JULY 25, 2021 AT MIDNIGHT.
- Now start planning! Utilize this time to start planning your creation with your team. Shooting style, lighting style, hair, makeup, wardrobe and Chicago location. Set aside everyone’s tasks and work together to make this as fluid as possible when it comes time to implement this shoot. For possible shooting locations please view our website but you may select any Chicago site. Please remember that the no trespassing rule applies. Communication is key!
- At ClickCon, you will have THREE DAYS to make your creation with your team and take your shootout from a vision to a reality. August 9th – 11th.
- This means you have three days to coordinate, shoot, edit and print.
- Submission cut off is 4:00pm on August 11th at the printing booth. ALL WORK will have to be completed at ClickCon between August 9th, 10th & 11th, OUTSIDE of your class operating hours. Models and artists MUST attend their scheduled events if your shoot is during ClickCon class hours. Failure to do so will disqualify the entire team. You may not create an image before the conference and submit it. This will result in disqualification.
- BTS images are required to confirm that the shoot took place at time of event and to provide marketing material for next year.
- BTS images must be turned in and copied to ClickCon’s hard drive at submission of final print. Please look for the volunteer in the orange shirt. Min of 5 images and a max of 10.
- Please rename your file names to your team name and a sequence number .jpg
- DON’T FORGET, ClickCon has obtained a blanket permit for the Chicagoland area so utilize the city as your backdrop!
- COMPOSITES: ALL prop/effect/etc. for Composite image must be shot on location at ClickCon Event and cannot be outside image, background, filter from outside Face-Off event (ie, skyline of Chicago must be shot by your team, not download; Flame/Smoke effect must be created manually by brush in edit tools or creatively shot and cloned in… no Filter Packs used)
- After your shoot:
- Please remember that your mentor cannot edit the image(s) for you; they are a verbal resource ONLY.
- Proceed to the printing booth for exclusive contest printing where your image(s) will be printed according to ClickCon’s submission guidelines. Image will need to be turned in for printing at the printing booth no later than 4:00pm on August 11th.
- Select your team’s favorite image from your three photographers and submit it at the printing booth.
- Only ONE image is allowed for submission from each team.
- Your image will be on display at the closing party. Each ClickCon attendee will receive one voting ticket upon entrance of the closing party. This ticket will be dropped into the box of their favorite image.
- One hour before the close of the party, tickets will be counted and the top three teams will receive some amazing prizes! Please make sure your team is present. At a minimum your team captain must be present.
- Please check the website for party times.
- ClickCon will not hold or ship prizes. Any unclaimed prizes will or can be utilized in next year’s program.
- Your team’s image will be the cover of ClickCon’s 2022 show guide!
- Upon receiving the prize, a short verbal narrative on how you achieved the winning image will be required for the 2022 show guide.
Effective as of the date shown below, approval for past use and permission for present and future use is being granted to Clickcon it’s Attendees, Photographers, Copyright Holder, Models, Hair artists, Make up Artists, Designers and Vendors (A.K.A. the Photographed Party) to use photographs or other images taken on 5/04/18-8/20/21 as more fully explained in this Consent and Release. The Photographed Party is an adult and is fully aware of this Consent and Release when purchasing their ClickCon ticket or signing the contract for their involvement. The same applies for minors whose contract and ticket were purchased by their guardian.
For value received, receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, the Photographed Party hereby grants consent to ClickCon, its agents, employees, licensees, and successors in interest (collectively, the Released Party) and authorizes the use of any and all photographs taken of them, and any reproduction of them in any form in any media whatsoever and in any derivative work based thereon throughout the world, and to use them to publicize, promote and advertise, including but not limited to use for point of sale advertising.
The Photographed Party also consents to the use of his/her own name or any fictitious name which may be chosen in connection with the aforesaid photographs by ClickCon.
The Photographed Party hereby releases any and all claims whatsoever in connection with the use of his/her photograph and name and the reproduction thereof as aforesaid by ClickCon.
The Photographed Party hereby waives any right that he/she may have to inspect and/or approve the Book or the advertising copy that may be used in connection therewith or the use to which it may be applied by ClickCon.
For value received, receipt of which is hereby acknowledged as Trade For Print, the Photographed Party hereby grants consent to ClickCon attendees, models, Hair artists, Make up Artists, Designers and Vendors, and authorizes the use of any and all photographs taken of them, and any reproduction of them in any form in any media whatsoever and in any derivative work based thereon throughout the world, and to use them to publicize and promote for portfolio purposes only. Image copyrights will remain with the photographer of the image or video taken by the photographer.
Image copyrights will remain with the photographer of the image or video taken by the photographer.
For value received, receipt of which is hereby acknowledged as Trade For Print, the Copyright Holder hereby denies consent to ClickCon attendees, models, Hair artists, Make up Artists, Designers and Vendors, the ability to change the artwork of the image received by the photographer without first obtaining written permission from the photographer and copyright holder.
For Trade For Print, receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, the Photographed Party hereby grants consent to the Copyright Holder, and authorizes the use of any and all photographs taken of them to use to publicize, promote and advertise, including but not limited to use for point of sale advertising.
THE PHOTOGRAPHED PARTY WARRANTS THAT THEY HAVE READ THIS CONSENT AND RELEASE PRIOR TO THE PURCHASING OF THEIR TICKET OR SIGNING OF THEIR CLICKCON INVOLVEMENT CONTRACT, THAT THE THEY UNDERSTAND IT, AND THAT THEY FREELY ENTER INTO THIS CONSENT AND RELEASE.
the intent of being legally bound on 6/01/20